Hey girl hey…time to return to the conversation about our health. Yea, it’s April, meaning the first quarter is almost over. I can only hope that your resolve to remain healthy is still in full gear. If you’ve lost a little steam, that’s okay, it’s never too late to push the reset button and get it poppin once again. The one thing that I don’t want you to do is give up. Like anything in life, results mean even when we falter, dusting ourselves off, and getting back into the game. With that said, I want to provide you all with a little inspiration by providing insight into my own routine.
Here we go:
1. I schedule my work out into my weekly planner.
2. I map out the type of exercise for each day: being specific helps.
3. I listen to my body and exercise accordingly. Morning or evening depending on how well I’ve slept or according to my body’s needs. My normal is morning because it’s when I have the most energy.
4. I exercise: I tend to do total body work outs because I get in my cardio and sculpting at the same time. (If you want a good at home work out – check out Jeanette Jenkins (The Hollywood Trainer)…she’s tough but you get results. The better your workout, the more you’ll continue to burn calories throughout the day. I also as you know dance. If you want to see some of my skills checkout my post on my dance performance (shameless plug).
5. I hydrate during the course of the day. This is the hardest but most essential. I’m always working on drinking more water.
6. I’m all about 80/20. 80% healthy/clean and 20% all that other stuff. It works well because I don’t feel like I’m depriving myself. It keeps me at a good balance. I’m not a nutritionist but I try to get a good serving of fruit, veggies and good protein. I also do my best to stay away from unhealthy snacks. My saving grace is being a good snacker (I know that’s not a word) :-)
7. I sleep!! My secret weapon. I’m all about having my full 7 to 8 hours. It keeps me energized and free from sickness. Sleep combined with eating well will fuel your workouts and give you your best results.
And that’s all folks. For any questions call …haha just kidding. But I hope this was helpful. Remember the more you plan the better the outcome. Plan to succeed!! Thank me later.